Sunday, July 8, 2018

Week 4

This week I continued to do my project with Dr.Ajay Gupta and sone other students in Dr.Wang's lab. My immersion project here is closely related to my PhD work, which is connecting vasculature property and blood dynamics with perfusion imaging data, such as T1 dynamic contrast imaging and arterial spin labeling to get a better estimation of cerebral blood flow, cerebral blood volume and blood velocity. My immersion project is to collect vessel angiography and anatomy data to build a digital model of brain and kidney and apply them in arterial spin labeling. So I shadowed Dr.Ajay Gupta and went through several angiography cases and T1 DCE cases. Although I  can't get the raw data because of secure reason, there experience do helped me to get a overall idea of vessel structure. I also went through several open source dataset, including brain atlas and some anatomy data of rat gray matter and kidney. I built a kidney and a brain model based on those data and applied them on arterial spin labeling, and that results in a significant increase in image quality.
I also learned how to operate the magnetic resonance machine in Dr.Wang's lab and collected kidney Arterial Spin Labeling data. Several other students in Dr.Wang's lab and I learned how to operate the Siemens 3T MR machine and scanned some phantoms.
I didn't see the surgery this week because the doctor left for the week. Maybe I will have the change to see the surgery next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment